Monday, June 29, 2009

Heidelberg

Our fun night at the end of our journey together. Go Chris!
The German gentlemen sending his friend off, quite touching.
Beautiful German waitress dressed up in the traditional outfit.
Heather and I on the bridge outside the imposing Heidelberg castle.
I am menacing and imposing!
People are people. Little boy enjoying his ice cream and life.
Story behind this one, girls messed with me by taking five photos in which none of them had the castle in the background. They enjoyed messing with me, I can handle it. Evidently not according to this photo :)
Cool view outside the castle bathroom of all places. Cool photos come from all around.
Some good looking guy that is amazingly photogentic.
Heidelberg castle, how about these picture taking skills. Wow.
Alright somebody is getting a little to vain with all these pictures of himself. I blame it on Emily who said I didn´t have enough pictures of myself.

After our meeting with Deutsche Bank we spent our last afternoon and evening in Heidelberg. What a wonderful town! I wished so much that we would have been able to spend the night here. Once again when I think of Germany these are the types of towns I think of Heidelberg, Lubeck, Schwerin. It was amazingly charming and wonderful. It had an amazing castle and cozy streets with nice shops and restaurants. The castle was overwhelming and a joy to see and experience. You know me I enjoy putting myself back in time and thinking about the things that transpired in the areas that I travel. This was one of those moments where I went back in time to yesteryears. Knights in shining armor, dukes and lords of the manor, moats and fortifications. WOW!!! After viewing the castle we went to town and checked out the charming city center. We stopped at a restaurant and saw the waiter and waitresses dressed in tradtional German clothing. We also went across a famous bridge that connected one area of the city to the other. Later that day we drove for a little while and stopped at a place that escapes me right now. It just so happened that at the time we were there a group of Germans eating at the same time were sending their friend off. One of the gentlemen played his trumpet and bid him adieu. Quite the cultural scene. After dinner we headed off to the town festival where people were dancing and having a great time. We of course joined and began dancing up on the stage with our new found German friends. Once again another amazing cultural experience. What a wondeful way to end our time in Germany. We had such a great last day in a country that welcomed us with open arms. I will definitely be visiting again. On our way home Chris went to the front and used the microphone and went over the funniest quotes or sayings people had during the trip. Of course I had a few. It was a great way for us to bond and laugh one more time before saying goodbye at the hotel.
Just briefly I would like to thank all of the participants on the trip. I learned something from everyone of you and value the wondeful times we had. You all are amazing people and teachers. Thank You!!! And I hope you know that my German is getting better, Aufwadeschen! Is that right? darn I guess I am not getting better :) Stay in touch

No comments:

Post a Comment