Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vienna

On the way to the palace, needed a nice walk alone.
My history buddy from Colorado and my new found friend from Australia.
I believe that is King Timothy, local Austrian with some Habsburg blood.
Some local idiot who likes the Red Sox. In all seriousness the palace was amazing and a great place to reflect.



I have had such an amazing time staying in this hostel. I have met people from all over the world. As most of you know I enjoy meeting new people and hearing about their stories. I met this really beautiful, wonderful girl from Switzerland, she in fact has a interview today to be in the theater department in Vienna. I met others from Guatemala, Germany, California, Canada, New York and England. I wish I was staying here longer but it is time to go to Budapest which I have heard great things about. Last night we went to a jazz festival and had a great time listening to live music and hearing all the different experiences we have had. I am really enjoying being own my own and doing the things I want to do. I also am gaining more confidence in myself because each day I am getting better with finding my way around. This is truly an unbelievable experience for me, one in which I have to pinch myself and say this is happening. The picture you will see today are from the Hapsburg palace, I thought I was there yesterday but evidently it was the wrong place. Me making a mistake?
Crazy story to tell Dad. I am staying in this amazing hostel. First time in a hostel and I was worried and nervous. As you can tell from the pictures it is amazing and well kept. Well last night I go to the reception desk and talk to the owner and thank her for the wonderful hospitality, service, and friendliness of the establishment. I tell her that she is running a wonderful hostel and how much I appreciate it because I am new to the whole hospel scene. We get to talking, no me, and she mentions that she is from the states. I figured that she was by her pure English but nonetheless it was still interesting. She asks me where I come from and I tell her that I live in Virginia but am originally from Pennsylvania. The discussion then leads to where are you from in Pennsylvania, and I of course mention with pride Pittsburgh. She gasps at this and blurts out I was raised in Pittsburgh. I ask her where and she says Forest Hills. Dad, she graduated from Churchill in 1972. Can you believe that? Small world, she says she has heard your name before but can not place a picture to it. Her maiden name is Erin Chase. Incredible meeting people and hearing their stories. I am of course loving life right now and can not wait for the newest journey and experience. Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Kristi Brand-NeurothJune 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM

    Tim,

    Looks like you are having an amazing time! Glad to know the little boy hasn't choked on the toy yet (ha, ha, just kidding :-). I am jealous about all of your amazing adventures and hope you are having the time of your life. Keep the updates coming and stay away from those ducks (especailly after they've been sitting in the grass).

    Auf Wiedersehen, my friend!
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tim. I do not remember Erin. I graduated in 1970 so we were in the same building thats for sure. I am so happy that the hostels are nice and you are having a good time. Bucs trade Morgan and Burnett (your buddy !) for L. Miledge. He has potential but quite a head case. Oh well they must take chances.

    ReplyDelete