Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Budapest





Famous Chain bridge over the Danube connecting Buda and Pest






Danube above normal water level, that is a street that is flooded.











View outside the hostel





My Celtic friend welcomed me outside the train station. That was worth a tip
Another busy and fulfilling day. I spent the morning and part of the afternoon in Vienna. I then had a three hour train ride to Budapest. Upon arrival I went to an info center, see I am getting better, and was helped by a nice gentlemen who told me that my hostel was very nice. That is always a reassuring thing. I decided to walk from the train station to my hostel and surprise surprise I got lost. Not the first time and certainly not the last. I finally arrived and was once again very impressed with the hostel. In fact I am sitting now in a nice common area with couches, big flat screen tv and free use of a computer. The receptionist ,a beautiful looking Hungarian, has been very helpful. I am really happy that I decided to stay in the hostels. They are quite nice so far, knock on wood.
I just got back a little bit ago after walking for hours. I sure have been getting my exercise. I love the freedom of just walking and where ever I end up, I end up. Buda and Pest are separated by the Danube River and the chain bridge connects the area. It is rather cool looking for the Danubes water level is very high and has flooded parts of the street. I walked across the very famous Chain bride and wandered around looking at the sights.

Tommorow I am going to one of the famous spas or bath houses. I will then go to the Torture museum and lastly off to the castle. I will need to get up early and get all this in because I leave for Krakow, Poland around 6. I am very excited for tommorow should be a great day. Hope everyone is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment