Monday, June 29, 2009

Prague

Adam loving the gift I got for him, absolutely adorable boy
View from uptop near the castle
Heather and I near the castle overlooking the city.
Boy drawing the sights inside the amazing royal church
View of the church, many Czech leaders are buried here
Czech soldiers near the castle.
Cage where people were put into to humiliate them for crimes.
Entrance to castle
Why is he so serious? Doesnt he know he has a celebrity next to him, the Hoffs son. Had to be on the trip to Germany to get that one
I need to stop opening my mouth during the pictures, huh.
Lucia and Peter
Yes, we even have Steelers memorabilia in Prague

Famous clock built into the church, these figurines revolve around in a circular motion
Famous clock
Gunpowder tower, munitions and powder was stored here
flat we stayed at
there is my dinner, i never knew raw meat tasted so good.
when in rome, i am impressed with myself.
part of revolutionary square

Well I got into Prague Saturday evening around 7. I then proceeded to walk around Prague with my luggage trying to find an internet cafe to figure out how to get a hold of Lucia and Peter, my Slovakian friends. I walked and walked and walked. Very demoralizing and frustrating. I finally found a cafe, checked my internet, called them and got picked up. Whooo, what a day. I felt so bad for they were confused as to why we did not see each other at the train station. But everything turned out fine. They took me back to there friends flat where I washed up and we headed to the bus stop to get into Prague. Their friends live in a very nice, modern eco friendly section of Prague up on top of the hill not too far from the city. We headed into town and checked out the beautiful city. I absolutely fell in love with Prague. So beautiful and charming, full of personality and flair. We checked out Revolutionary square, the church tower clock, gunpowder tower and other sights. We then headed for the most amazing cultural experience, dinner. I told Peter I wanted to have some traditional Czech food. So he sure picked it out. I had raw ground beef with a raw egg on top of it mixed with pepper, mustard, onions, paprika and ketchup spread along bread grinded with garlic. When I saw it my face turned yellow and my eyes nearly burst through my head. Peter told me to stop looking at it and give it a try. He prepared it for me, mixed it around and showed me what to do with the bread and garlic. Next thing you know I am digging into some raw beef and absolutely enjoying it. We had a great evening in a traditional Czech restaurant. I loved learning more about the Czech republic and from where they come from Slovakia. They have done a lot of world traveling and I enjoyed every minute of learning about their views and experiences. Quality people that I owe a lot to. They are in the process of building their home and they will be married in two months. I look forward to continuing our relationship and know that they will have a wonderful life together.
The next morning we woke up and headed to the hotel Heather was staying. We picked her up and headed to see the clock change. It is a big thing in Prague this clock. We then headed to the famous Charles Bridge, Prague Castle and its amazing church and walked around town some more. We met some of their friends for lunch and I meet the lady who was allowing us to use her aparment. They are in the process of moving to London so her husband was not there. Her son was there though that I bought a couple of gifts for which he absolutely loved. That always makes you feel good :) I then said my goodbye to Heather and we headed back to the flat to head to Bratislava the capital of Slovakia to see where they live and visit another capital city. Whoooo exhausted is an understatement as far as how I felt. Incredibly busy couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment